Click New in the top navigation bar.
In the Create Knowledge pop-up box select:
- Type: Document Note
- Workflow: (Default is the most common)
Populate the document note header fields (see Knowledge Object Header Fields).
Use the WYSIWYG editor to create content (see WYSIWYG for more information).
In the Categories tab, select the document note category, this is the location you want your document note stored within livepro.
Click and drag your selection from the Available Categories column to the Selected Categories column.
|Tip: More than one category can be selected. To remove incorrect categories from the Selected Categories column click to highlight the incorrect option and select the rubbish bin icon.|
In the Options tab, select the options for your Document Note.
When the options are ticked:
- Acknowledgement: Allows the system to see if the user has read the Knowledge Object (only applies to Announcements)
- Favourite: Allows the user to add the Document Note to their Favourites list.
- Feedback: Allows the user to provide feedback on the Document Note.
- Rating: Allows the user to rate the Document Note.
- Search: Allows users to find the Document Note through search.
|Tip: Did you know you can make the document note invisible in the category list? see How to Hide a Knowledge Object for more information.|
Click Save at the top of the document note
In the New Version Prefix pop-up box, you can enter your comments, this is optional. These comments are visible to other authors in the history view and can provide information on why and what changes were made.